TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This competition is open to either U.S. and International projects, as long as your project will comply with the Dumbo Film Festival’s Terms and Conditions. You can check the following for further information.
In order to be accepted, your submission must fall in one of the following categories:
1) Feature Narrative – Duration/Running Time: No less than 60 minutes
2) Short Narrative – Duration/Running Time: No more than 60 minutes
3) Feature Documentary – Duration/Running Time: No less than 50 minutes
4) Short Documentary – Duration/Running Time: No more than 50 minutes
5) Experimental – Duration/Running Time: No limitations
6) Animation – Duration/Running Time: No limitations
Submission to the wrong category will result in disqualification.
Please have care to choose the correct category for your entry project. You will not be notified in case of mistake.
In order to be accepted in the 2022 Dumbo Film Festival, your project will have to be completed after January 1, 2019.
For your submission to be accepted, your foreign-language project must be equipped with English subtitles. In the event subtitles are missing, you will be notified by email and asked to update your work. If your updated submission will fail to be provided by the final deadline, your work will be disqualified with no refunds of the submission fees (See “REFUNDS” herein).
The Dumbo Film Festival requests partial exclusivity in screening your film: your work must not have been broadcast on any TV network or be publicly available online before the event date. Nonetheless, private, industry, press screenings, as well as previous screenings at other film festivals are allowed. The “New York Premiere” status is recommended, but not mandatory.
COPYRIGHT & LEGAL TERMS
By submitting your project at 2022 Dumbo Film Festival, the submitter and filmmakers associated with the entry project warrant as follows:
- You authorize your project to be exhibited at the Dumbo Film Festival;
- You accept to hold full legal responsibility for the intellectual property herein;
- Your project does not infringe any trademark, agreement, copyright, artistic, personal, civil, privacy, moral right of any person, firm, corporation or association;
- In the event of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered, you accept to indemnify and hold harmless the Dumbo Film Festival from and against any resulting claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs of the court).
You will not be eligible to any refund of submission fees for any reason (either in case of withdrawal and disqualification – see “DISQUALIFICATION” herein), once your film is in “In Consideration” status.
Any failure to comply with one or more of the Dumbo Film Festival’s Terms and Conditions will result in disqualification:
-Submissions: included and not limited to wrong category submissions (see “CATEGORIES”), failure to pay submission fees by the deadline, double submissions (excepted for updated subtitled versions – see “SUBTITLES”);
-Completion Dates (herein “COMPLETION DATES”)
-Subtitles (herein “SUBTITLES”)
-Prior Screenings (herein “PRIOR SCREENINGS”)
-Copyright and Legal Terms (herein “COPYRIGHT & LEGAL TERMS”)